St John’s College is a leading South African, Anglican school situated on a magnificent campus in Houghton, Johannesburg, offering quality education from Pre-Primary to Post-Matric. The school has an outstanding academic record, entering candidates for the examinations of the IEB and the Cambridge A-Level.
St John’s has a fine reputation in sport, music, drama and debating, offering weekly and termly boarding.
» HEAD: ST JOHN'S COLLEGE FOUNDATION - 11 March 2017
We seek to appoint a suitably qualified Head of Foundation. The Head of the Foundation is responsible for implementing St John’s College’s strategic fundraising plan and other fundraising development opportunities.
The successful incumbent will be responsible for:
- Managing capital campaigns - developing and implementing capital campaigns to reach targets for specific projects as they arise
- Fundraising and event management
- Developing and managing an effective fundraising program
- Coordinating major fundraising events
- Establishing committees as required to guide and assist with events and fundraising campaigns
- Donor relationship development
- Managing all aspects of donor liaison and public contact including with individuals and with the corporate and private sectors
- Maintaining, increasing and managing the St John’s College donor database
- Managing and motivating staff and volunteers to provide a new and effective approach to fundraising activities within St John’s College.
The Minimum Requirements are:
- Tertiary qualification in B Comm Marketing with Finance Components or other relevant degree
- Demonstrated positive experience working in a similar role
- Strong relationship management skills, with a demonstrated ability to liaise with all levels of internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated experience in assessing and achieving success in capital and fundraising campaigns
- Knowledge of and experience in the education sector is desirable
- Experience in the following areas: Public relations, Sales and Communication
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and flexibly, as well as cooperatively as part of a team
- Demonstrated ability to organise work, manage time, determine priorities and meet deadlines.
Closing Date: Friday, 11 March 2017
Please e-mail your CV together with names of three referees to:
The appointment of candidates is at the sole discretion of St John’s College, taking into account factors such as St John’s College Employment Equity Policy. Applications are welcomed from South African citizens only or persons with a valid work permit. An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview or appointment and failure to meet the minimum requirements of the advertised post will result in applicants automatically disqualifying themselves from consideration. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. If you have not heard from St John’s College within two weeks of the closing date, please assume that you have been unsuccessful in your application.