The school motto is Lux Vita Caritas - Light, Life and Love.
St John's College aims to create an environment in which our students can live their livs to the full, learn accountability, fulfill their potential, and reach their dreams.
St John’s College aspires in the service of God to:
- Be a home of religious discipline – meaning fair and just parameters and consequences, tempered with compassion
- Be a home of sound learning – St John’s must be bench-marked against the best in the country (and the world) in the academic arena
- Be a home of goodwill – involvement in charity, good works and service must be the sign of a Johannian
Students leaving the College are to be:
- Rightly trained in body – sport and all aspects of healthy living must form part of the curriculum
- Rightly trained in mind – apart from the academic, where creativity, enquiry, and self-learning is emphasised, students should be exposed to as many varied activities as possible, which develop the mind and promote meaningful experience
- Rightly trained in character – students must be resilient and guided towards the development of character traits that will enable them to live principled, virtuous and honourable lives defined by integrity, altruism and tenacity