Head of Advancement
St John’s College is a world-class Christian, African school situated on a magnificent campus in Houghton, Johannesburg, offering quality education from Pre-Primary to Post-Matric. The school has an outstanding academic record, entering candidates for the examinations of the IEB and the Cambridge A Levels.
We seek to appoint a suitably qualified Head of Advancement who will be responsible for the overall supervision, management, and vision of the school’s Advancement Office. The successful candidate will hold primary responsibility for overall relationship management across the St John’s College community with a particular focus on delivering on strategic fundraising goals for a variety of causes such as scholarships and bursaries, curriculum development, campus renewal and sustainability.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• The Head of Advancement will fulfil a key role within St John’s College by planning, guiding, executing and evaluating the advancement efforts of the school. The responsibilities will include oversight of admissions, fundraising, alumni affairs, marketing, communications and public relations, community projects, and event planning.
• Provide leadership, vision and direction to the fundraising efforts of the school, including overseeing the planning and effective implementation of any capital campaigns or project related fundraising.
• Support and guide the Executive Head and Council, on major fundraising efforts and initiatives.
• Manage and support the staff of the Advancement Office.
- Build relationships with donors, parents, alumni, staff, volunteers and other constituents to cultivate donor support and achieve St John’s College fundraising goals.
• The Head of Advancement reports to the Executive Head and is a member of the Senior Management Team.
The minimum requirements are:
● Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
● 5+ years of successful front-line fundraising experience and demonstrated management and leadership skills is preferable.
● Proven track record of leading high performance teams.
● An understanding of the independent school sector.
● Excellent interpersonal and intercultural communication skills, with the ability to work well in multicultural environments and with diverse constituencies.
● Excellent oral and public presentation skills.
● Strong written communication and research abilities.
● Strong aptitude for developing and managing budgets and preparing financial reports.
● Tech savviness and experience with CRM databases.
● Ability to be self-motivated, work well under pressure and be able to handle several projects at one time.
● An ability to work independently, flexibly and co-operatively.
● A willingness to go the extra mile.
The successful candidate must have a police clearance certificate.
A letter of application, including a detailed CV and the names and contact details of three referees, should reach the HR Department by Friday, 25 October 2019 at [email protected]
Sjc Advancement Head Of Advancement January 2020 1
07h00 – 8h00 Monday to Friday
St John’s College is a world-class Christian, African school situated on a magnificent campus in Houghton, Johannesburg, offering quality education from Nursery School to Sixth Form. The school has an outstanding academic record with a tradition of excellence in the IEB and Cambridge International A Level examinations. St John’s has an excellent reputation in sport, music, drama and debating.
This part-time position will play a crucial role in the overall well-being of the students at the school. The successful candidate will, together with the nursing staff, be responsible for ensuring that the Sanatorium operates efficiently and effectively whilst providing first-class healthcare.
Duties will include:
▪ Providing primary health care
▪ Controlling and administering scheduled drugs
▪ Liaising with the school nurses and other external healthcare providers
▪ In-patient care for boarders
▪ Update all school protocols and policies
▪ Attend sports games and provide casualty and emergency healthcare
Requirements of the successful candidate:
▪ Appropriate tertiary qualification
▪ Registered with the Health Professions Council of South Africa and South African Medical Association
▪ Dispensing License
▪ Minimum of five years relevant working experience
▪ Must be able to demonstrate an empathetic, cheerful, calm and sensible approach to delivering the highest standards of medical care
▪ Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
▪ Must be punctual and reliable
▪ Previous experience in dealing with casualties and sports injuries will be advantageous
Please email your CV, together with names of three referees to [email protected]
Closing date: Friday 18 October 2019
Sjc College School Doctor January 2020
The school reserves the right not to proceed with the filling of any post. The appointment of candidates is at the sole discretion of St John’s College, taking into account factors such as St John’s College Employment Equity Policy. Applications are welcomed from South African citizens only or persons with a valid work permit. An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview or appointment and failure to meet the minimum requirements of the advertised post will result in applicants automatically disqualifying themselves from consideration. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. If you have not heard from St John’s College within two weeks of the closing date, please assume that you have been unsuccessful in your application.