St John’s College is a world-class Christian, African school situated on an historic campus in Houghton, offering quality education from Nursery School to Sixth Form. The school has an outstanding academic record and an excellent reputation in sport, music, drama, art and debating.
We seek to appoint a dynamic and experienced, professionally qualified MIC of Hockey. The flexibility to get the best out of students with a broad range of abilities is essential and a willingness to be involved in the extended Hockey programme across the whole school, as well as other sports, and teach physical education and another subject in the College is a must. The individual should be SACE registered.
- Communicate & collaborate regularly with the Hockey Head Coach and Director of Sport.
- Manage all hockey planning, organizing and related duties for all fixtures.
- Assist the Head Coach with coach appointments and related administration.
- Liaison with all stake holders in running all home fixtures.
- Submit and control the hockey budget.
- Assist with the supervision of players off and on the field.
- Seasonal plan i.e. goals, ethos, expectations and administrative requirements etc.
- Run preseason training programme.
- Submit a year-end report to the head coach containing player observations.
- Be able to interact positively with parents.
- Be able to develop and sustain new ideas and work co-operatively in a team.
- Teach physical education and another subject in the College.
- Have an appreciation of the traditions and Anglican ethos of the school.
- Have a strong hockey background in playing, coaching, evaluating.
- The ability to coach the first team is advantageous.
- Have interest and commitment to child/athlete development.
- Have the ability to work with fellow coaching staff.
- Have the ability to communicate on and off-field requirements to players and parents.
The successful candidate should:
Please submit your CV, together with the names of three referees, to [email protected]
CLOSING DATE: 29 December 2019
Sjc Campus Mic Hockey January 2020
Full Time Violin and Viola Teacher
St John’s College is a world-class Christian, African school situated on a magnificent campus in Houghton, Johannesburg, offering quality education from Nursery School to Sixth Form. The school has an outstanding academic record with a tradition of excellence in the IEB and Cambridge International A Level examinations. St John’s has an excellent reputation in sport, music, drama and debating.
Key performance areas of the full time Violin and Viola teacher includes:
- Teaching violin and viola lessons across the Pre-Preparatory School, Preparatory School, College, and Sixth Form campuses
- Preparing students for ABRSM, Trinity and IEB practical exams
- Arranging and conducting of string ensembles from beginner to advanced level
- Teaching of music theory classes in the Preparatory School
Tertiary teaching qualification in music, extensive ensemble directing and individual teaching experience is essential, and a working knowledge of the Sibelius music writing programme will be an advantage.
Please e-mail your CV, together with the names of three referees to: [email protected]
Closing date: 15 January 2020
Sjc Music Full Time Violin And Viola Teacher March 2020
The school reserves the right not to proceed with the filling of any post. The appointment of candidates is at the sole discretion of St John’s College, taking into account factors such as St John’s College Employment Equity Policy. Applications are welcomed from South African citizens only or persons with a valid work permit. An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview or appointment and failure to meet the minimum requirements of the advertised post will result in applicants automatically disqualifying themselves from consideration. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. If you have not heard from St John’s College within two weeks of the closing date, please assume that you have been unsuccessful in your application.